XO Professional Brass is proud to announce the introduction of the new XO 1236L traditional wrap trombone to their line. This free blowing symphonic bore trombone gives players the right amount of control and resistance that professional players often seek.
"This instrument is incredibly responsive with a great balance of tonal warmth and excellent projection", says Dr. Jeff Phillips, Professor of Trombone at Vanderbilt University. "The traditional wrap on the 1236 offers greater control combined with a really smooth mechanical rotor linkage. The overall feel of this instrument is perfect for me and having the flexibility of the interchangeable mouthpipes gives me additional freedom of expression."
- Your choice of a beautifully engraved, hand-crafted 8.5" yellow or rose brass bell with soldered bell flare wire for increased resonance and brilliance
- Gold-plated rotor assembly with German steel mini-ball mechanical linkage for exceptionally smooth operation
- Includes three interchangeable leadpipes (one sterling silver and two lengths in brass) providing the player a more customized sound and feel
- Brass outer slide and nickel-silver crook with dual-lapped chromed-inner slides offer superior response and a more centered tone
- Comes complete with an XO Series Custom case for maximum protection (KC-46XC)
All XO Series Trombones are manufactured using the finest quality materials available from around the globe. Select brass, nickel, chrome, and stainless steel are assembled using the most exacting manufacturing standards to ensure a superior level of performance. All instruments are then finished with a superior quality, high-gloss clear lacquer. This final touch gives the instrument offering a transparent shield of protection and many years of lasting beauty.