Very cool 1955 Buescher True Tone 400 (225) trumpet in raw brass: Fun art-deco instrument!
Very cool horn, just serviced and cleaned. Good to go for many years! Check out all the cool, distinctive features this trumpet had over modern counterparts:
Here are some very cool tidbits on the design of the 400 series instruments:
- Valve block is soldered direclty to the leadpipe and bell
- Brass with Nickel Silver Trim
- slide positioning (check out that all three valve slides are on one side... like Courtois "Direct air flow column" instruments many ears later)
- All valve slides are reversed in construction, including the 2nd! (only other horn I have seen like that is the 1600I Ingram trumpet by XO Jupiter
- Bottom caps and Top Caps are internally threaded so they screw INTO the valve block, this is a feature NOT found on my trumpet models
- Flared out bottoms of Valve Tubes
- Highly decorative "trombone-style" water keys
- Bell "garland" or extra thick beaded bell rim
Here is a video of this horn for sale:
If you have additional questions send us an email.
Prior to ordering please check our return policy below:
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of instrument.